Homemade Tortillas Recipe

So, I decided to make some eggs and tortillas for everyone the other day but, instead of using store bought tortillas I made homemade tortillas. 
















It's the first-time making tortilla where they all turned out pretty much the same exact size, usually there all wonky looking so yeah exciting :). My kids love ketchup on EVERYTHING, I HATE ketchup except on meatloaf. They get that love of ketchup from Erik because he puts it on everything as well...I hope you enjoy; I still have 6 more blog post to get up that I made in the past week. Life needs to stop being so busy all the time. Off to get some homework done.



print recipe.

Homemade Tortillas Recipe
Ingredients
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 TB Butter
  • 3/4 cup Water
Instructions
Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl next mix in the butter with your fingers so it gets crumbly in a way.Then you want to add the water and mix until the dough comes together. throw some flour on a your surface and knead the dough for a few minutes. Now roll 12 balls out of your one big dough ball, you should get 12 for your 12 tortillas.Heat a pan over medium-high heat, while your pan is getting hot you should roll out all your tortilla, I rolled them all out before cooking. Then you want to place one tortilla in at a time into the heated pan, and cook until bubbly golden brown flip and let the same happen to the other side. Now repeat on all 12 tortilla's. Then your done.You can make eggs like i did I just threw in eggs butter and cream cheese stir until scrambled we add chorizo to them or you can make it for dinner add chicken etc
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12



AmandaRose

Comments

Popular Posts