Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes Recipe

I know I'm posting a lot of food recipes on here lately but, in all honesty, I've always wanted to do some food tutorials on my blog for the past 7 years. It's just when it came to making food, I just wanted to make it and get it done so everyone could eat it. 

Today I'm sharing my meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Meatloaf


Ingredients 
1 lb. of ground beef
Panko bread crumbs
onion dip mix
garlic
basil
salt
pepper
Parmesan cheese
Ketchup


Place all the ingredients listed above into a bowl large enough so meat doesn't go flying out on to your counters. We all don't need salmonellae crawling around your counter tops causing havoc.  


The best way to combine all the meat and seasonings is to do it by hand. 


Use both and just squish it between your hands and fingers to really combine everything together. Set aside wash your hand really well, then take your dish you're cooking the meatloaf in and spare it I used my coconut oil spray.





Squish the meat into your pan make sure to get in the corner and try and make it level just so it cooks even, then grab your ketchup again and put a healthy slab of it on top hehe healthy yeah right. It's oooh so good though and I'm a person who hates ketchup, but when it comes to meatloaf ketchup is a must. 


While your meatloaf is cooking in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes to an hour, start your mashed potatoes. 


Mashed Potatoes



Ingredients 
5 of Any kind of potatoes you like best
Butter
Cream cheese
Heavy cream
Salt
Pepper
Any additional seasonings of your choice



The first thing you're going to do is grab your potatoes and wash them off, make sure all the dirt is rinsed away etc. Next take your potato peeler and peel all the skins off, set aside until all the potatoes are finished, then cut each one in half and again then slice into little cubes. Throw each little piece into boiling lightly salted water. Let the potatoes boil until they're soft, drain place into a bowl (or back into the pot) where you will then add all you add ins. 


I always start with my butter and cream cheese, blend it into the potatoes, so everything is now creamy. The base of potatoes is ready for you to add other ingredients if you are so, please. 


If you like them thick and rich which is the best way, keep them like they are and just add your seasonings but,


If you would rather have a creamy but not as rich mashed potatoes add some heavy cream which I did here. You cannot go wrong either way you make them.


Make sure you add all your yummy seasonings. 


Also, if you want garlic mashed potatoes there are two ways to do them, first you can grab a tiny saucepan put 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic along with 1 tablespoon of butter in and let them cook for a good 5 minutes then pour over your mashed potatoes stir in and enjoy OR. You can just throw in 2 tablespoons of garlic in your potatoes stir and enjoy. 



Just remember there are so many different ways you can go with mashed potatoes and trust me I think I have gone every way with them, and they all turned out the same...excellent...


Fun Fact: I absolutely HATED mashed potatoes as a kid.


I have so many food recipes I'll be blogging about I hope you won't mind me sharing them all. I'll be posting a ton of craft/sewing tutorials along the ways as well.



AmandaRose

Comments

Popular Posts