Mini corn dog Recipe made with Coconut Oil



Let me tell you something, these little fried hot dough dogs were so delicious the kids helped me with the batter, so they loved eating them. Trent also helped me with dunking the dogs in the batter and I plopped them in the fryer...oh my word these were just so good and because I fried them in coconut oil, they didn't taste oily or anything. You know, when you fry something and then you get that smell throughout your house well let me tell you if you fry anything with coconut oil your house still smells like it normally does. It's doesn't give off any smell or make it taste heavy like you're eating something fried it was so crazy awesome, and kind of exciting to find out.  So, whenever you fry something use COCONUT OIL it's a Mar's (we don't say God) send.



Himalayan Pink Salt is the best salt on Planet Earth...Just saying.


Sora mixed the dry ingredients while Trent stirred the wet ingredients. 




I also fried up some frozen fries that I let thaw. 

I really can't tell you how good homemade corn dogs really are, you just need to make some yourself to see...droool yummm



Mini corn dogs deserve its own little package of ketchup, don't ya thank? 




Enjoy!



print recipe

Mini corn dog recipe made with Coconut oil
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
  • 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 TB Baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  • 1 TB Coconut oil
  • 1 TB Honey
  • 2 Packages Hot dogs
  • 2 quarts, frying Coconut oil
Instructions
1. In a large bowl add the yellow corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. mix well.
2. Next add the beaten egg, milk, oil, and honey to the dry mixture and I used a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients well. It should be a thicker batter, so it coats the hot dogs well.3. Make sure you cut all your hot dogs in half and make sure there not to wet you want the batter to stick to the hot dog pretty good.
4. I added an entire jar of coconut oil to my fryer and placed 2 or 3 mini hot dogs in at once, they only took about 2 minutes to cook up. And that's it there done.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 people


AmandaRose

Comments

Popular Posts