Street Smart Sweatshirt Collection review

First off how awesome is that name Street Smart Sweatshirt Collection I was honored to test this pattern out. It's for girls and boys, it has so many options it's seriously not funny and it's seriously awesome. Best part of all it just went on sale today so go grab it now, you can get it right HERE it wont be on sale for long so get it while it's 15% off.



Look at my Sora she will be in the pattern showing off, along with all the amazing other children who are showing off all the awesome different options. Seriously though look at how much you can choose from and do with the pattern that's why it's called a collection not just a pattern.







Sora's dress was made with cotton knit and because I thought the fabric looked a little outdated for my taste I took my paint pen and drew over some of the flowers :). But this dress was awesome once I got it on her I was in love, and so was Sora. The fit is perfect to right above the knee, I did Chloe's the same way but I used a jersey knit so it was super thin and breathable I loved how hers turned out as well. But she wasn't as photogenic as her sister so I literally only got one photo of her in it.


I then decided to do a high low shirt with my awesome unicorn fabric and instead of long sleeves I did a 3/4 length sleeve because it's a thick knit, and I have to say I LOVE how it turned out.




  
I also made her leggings from jersey knit, on the bottom of the high low sweatshirt I added a black lace, I think it turned out pretty great.





I then made Trent's sweat shirts I made both of his with a hood the green lantern one I made I hand painted the green lantern symbol on and then sewed it together but the hood was to big of a gap, most likely because the fabric was extremely thin. The second one I made him was a fleece rocker print that one turned out perfect, but because it was 108 out he wanted nothing to do with taking pictures so these were the best I could get. But during winter time he will be wearing both sweatshirts for sure I love them and my girls won't take off their dresses I kid you not they want to sleep in them and everything. So its a win all around. Now we just have to wait for winter time so I can make a bunch more sweatshirts and they will be styling because of all the awesome options this collection offers.

Guess what now you can pick up the pattern HERE and it's on sale right now, can't get any better than that right?

Basic skill necessary
  • add a neck ribbing
  • sew on a hood
  • straight stitch
  • sew a buttonhole (optional)
  • sewing with knits 
Sewing skill level for this pattern is
  • intermediate
  • advanced beginners 


This pattern is loaded with options for girls and boys

Options
  • plain sweatshirt with or without hood
  • plackard back sweatshirt (no hood)
  • plackard can be used on hi low and dress length also
  • hi low with or without hood
  • optional kangaroo pocket


Suggested fabrics
  • sweat shirting
  • fleece with stretch
  • quality cotton knit
  • re-purposed t-shirts
  • cotton lycra and ribbing for hem and neck bindings


A fully illustrated, easy to understand tutorial is provided
21 pages of tutorial
31 pages of pattern

The tutorial has a break down of which pages to print out for which option

This pattern contains the following sizes:
NB, 0-3m, 3-6m, 6-12m, 12m, 18m, 2y, 3y, 4y, 5y, 6y, 7y, 8y, 9y, 10y, 11y, 12y

Materials
  • knit fabric
  • scrap woven fabric
  • thread to match
  • sewing machine
  • overlocker (optional)
  • scissors
  • ribbing

So much more for this pattern but this is just a quick over view of what to expect you really won't be disappointed at all, and for it to be on sale right now you might want to go snatch it up quick. I can tell you I sewed the girls dresses up at the same time and it took me 30 minutes for TWO dresses. Go pick up the street smart sweatshirt collection today, I could probably go on for days about how amazing this pattern/collection is but go pick it up and see for your self how awesome it is. You will understand my excitement once you make your own mini collection!!

Amanda Rose 

Comments

  1. Fabulous, I love this pattern already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I need to add this pattern to my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool pattern, seriously a MUST-HAVE

    Thanks for sharing Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so please tell me what you think, it will make my day!

Popular Posts